It’s recipes like these that get me in trouble! I like to make goodies like this for a pitch-in, so I can enjoy one (or three) and give all the rest away. If they come back home, I’m a goner!
(from Genesis of a cook)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together butter and brown sugar until combined. Add eggs and vanilla to mixture and mix well. Take the dry ingredients and fold into wet ingredients until combined.
4. Fold in chocolates, coconut and pecans into batter. Try not to over mix. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth out with a spatula or spoon. Top with extra coconut, chocolate and pecans (optional).
5. Bake for about 25-28 minutes, or until top light golder brown on the top. Do not over bake! Cool to room temperature before cutting.