Hot Beef Po’ Boys
16 ounce load baguette bread, halved lengthwise
Nonstick cooking spray
6 ounces thinly sliced onion
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces sliced roast beef
1 Tbl prepared mustard
1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Hollow out loaf using a fork. Cut loaf into 6 equal pieces. Place loaf shells on baking sheet; set aside.
2. Heat a 12″ nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring often. Remove from pan.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, garlic and oregano; cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms brown, stirring frequently.
4. Return onions to skillet with water and Worcestershire. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; keep warm.
5. Bake loaf shells for 3 minutes; remove from oven. Top bottoms with equal portions beef. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake tops and bottoms another 3 minutes or until beef is warm.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup mushroom mixture over beef. Top with remaining loaf shells, pressing down gently.