I found this on one of my favorite food blogs. Problem is that I can’t remember which! (sorry)
This is a healthy, yummy muffin recipe!
Pumped Up Muffins
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1 can pumpkin
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. (dark) chocolate chips (divided evenly)
Combine ingredients in a bowl (leave out chocolate chips at first). Grease muffin pan with cooking spray and evenly distribute the muffin mix into each cup. Stick chocolate chips on top. Bake at 375* for 25-30 minutes.
Each muffin has 180 calories and 7 grams of fiber!
A unique bread pudding made with bananas and caramels.
(from Land O Lakes)
Preparation time: 15 min Baking time: 45 min
Yield: 15 servings
||(1 1/2-pound) loaf cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
||medium bananas, sliced
||(14-ounce) package (26) caramels, unwrapped, cut in half
||cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
||teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 350°F. Layer half of bread cubes in greased 13×9-inch baking dish; evenly distribute bananas. Top with remaining bread cubes and caramels.
Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk until thick and lemon-colored (1 to 2 minutes). Add milk, sugar, butter and cinnamon; mix well. Pour evenly over bread cubes. Bake for 35 minutes.
Reduce oven to 300°F. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until center is set. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): Calories: 290, Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 280mg, Carbohydrates: 49g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Protein: 7g
Hot Beef Po’ Boys
16 ounce load baguette bread, halved lengthwise
Nonstick cooking spray
6 ounces thinly sliced onion
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces sliced roast beef
1 Tbl prepared mustard
1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Hollow out loaf using a fork. Cut loaf into 6 equal pieces. Place loaf shells on baking sheet; set aside.
2. Heat a 12″ nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring often. Remove from pan.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, garlic and oregano; cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms brown, stirring frequently.
4. Return onions to skillet with water and Worcestershire. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; keep warm.
5. Bake loaf shells for 3 minutes; remove from oven. Top bottoms with equal portions beef. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake tops and bottoms another 3 minutes or until beef is warm.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup mushroom mixture over beef. Top with remaining loaf shells, pressing down gently.
This looks like a great recipe from a great food blogger.
(from Genesis of a Cook)
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1. In a bowl, stir together the buttermilk and rolled oats. Let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2″ by 6 1/4″ loaf pan. Dust with flour.
3. In another bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Add the sugar, butter and eggs to the oatmeal mixture (this is where you’d add the raisins if you wanted a Oatmeal Raisin Bread). Beat until well blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat until just blended.
4. Pour and scrape the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until a thin wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Serve with a jam, like strawberry jam if desired.
She has a great breading pudding recipe using this bread as well.
Oatmeal Raisin Bread Pudding
Filed under Breads, Dessert
(from The Cookbook Junkie)
1 cup flour
1 ¼ cups oats
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 bananas mashed
1. In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, mixing well.
2. In another bowl, combine oil, sugars, eggs, and bananas, mixing well.
3. Combine mixtures and pour into greased muffin tins.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Makes 1 dozen.
2 Point Banana Bread
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
1/2 cup natural applesauce
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking sodaPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixer, mash bananas, add Splenda and mix.
Mix in rest of indgredients.
Pour ingredients into a bread pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes; cake tester should come out clean when done.
Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
*If using a dark coated pan, bake at 325 degrees and bake a little longer; cake tester to should come out clean when done.